- Former Indomitable Lions of Cameroon coach in talks with the NFF over Super Eagles job
- NFF wants a foreign coach but the ministry of sports wants a local coach
- Antonio Conceiçao also in the short list of the Burkinabè football federation
The former Indomitable Lions of Cameroon coach Antonio Conceiçao is in talks with the Nigerian Football Federation over the Super Eagles job.
The Portuguese man was sacked from his position as the head coach of the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon on February 28 after finishing third place at the Afcon 2021.
Antonio Conceiçao is in discussions with the Nigeria Football Federation over a possibility of becoming the new Super Eagles head coach, According to the same sources, the NFF Favors a foreign coach while the Nigeria Ministry of Sports prefers a local coach.
Eguavoen, who took over from sacked coach Gernot Rohr late last year, got eliminated by Tunisia in the Round of 16 and also failed to qualify for the 2022 World Cup taking place in Qatar.
- Eguaveon Resigns As NFF Sacks Super Eagles Technical Crew
- Watch: Cristiano Ronaldo was frustrated after United’s loss and smashed fans’ phone
- Today’s Betting Tips
In addition according to sources, Portuguese Antonio Conceiçao would also appear to be on the shortlist of the Burkinabè football federation as they look to hire a new coach.
The 60 years old Portuguese has managed 19 teams, the last team he managed was Cameroon who failed to win the Africa Cup of Nations as host.
The former Navigators star won a double with Porto – clinching the league title and Portuguese Super Cup in 1990. shortlist they