England boss Gareth Southgate has named his 28-man squad for England’s September internationals, with Ivan Toney receiving a maiden call-up and while Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Conor Gallagher are left out.
Ivan Toney has been given a maiden call up, a chance to claim a place on the plane to Qatar with Marcus Rashford out of the final England squad before World Cup finals. Rashford was left at home for Man United’s Europa League clash due to a muscle injury picked up against inform Arsenal.
The Brentford forward has never represented the Three Lions of England at any level before but will have a chance in their upcoming Nations League fixtures.
Jarrod Bowen despite starting the season slowly with West Ham retains his place in the squad after making his senior England debut over the summer, while Crystal Palace’s Marc Guehi returns to the squad.
With England number one goalie Jordan Pickford injured, Dean Henderson is back in the England fold having impressed on loan at Nottingham Forest, saving penalties from England teammates Declan Rice and Harry Kane last month of August.
England’s 28-man squad for September internationals
- Nick Pope (Newcastle United)
- Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)
- Dean Henderson (Nottingham Forest, on loan from Manchester United)
- Reece James (Chelsea)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
- Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United)
- Kyle Walker (Manchester City)
- Harry Maguire (Manchester United)
- Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan)
- John Stones (Manchester City)
- Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace)
- Conor Coady (Everton, on loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers)
- Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Luke Shaw (Manchester United)
- Ben Chilwell (Chelsea)
- Declan Rice (West Ham United)
- Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund)
- Mason Mount (Chelsea)
- Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City)
- James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Tammy Abraham (AS Roma)
- Ivan Toney (Brentford)
- Raheem Sterling (Chelsea)
- Phil Foden (Manchester City)
- Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)
- Jarrod Bowen (West Ham United)
- Jack Grealish (Manchester City)
The team will meet at St. George’s Park next week to begin their preparations for the two games against Italy and Germany