Gavi is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a center midfielder for La Liga club Barcelona and the Spain national team. Gavi earned the Golden Boy Award and the Kopa Trophy in 2022, both presented by France Football at the Ballon d’Or ceremony.
From 2014 to 2015, he was a member of Real Betis’ junior team before being discovered by Barcelona. He was a member of Spain’s U15 and U16 national teams before getting called up to the senior squad.
Gavi Profile Summary
Full name: Pablo Martin Páez Gavira
Date of birth: August 5, 2004
Place of birth: Los Palacios y Villafranca, Spain
Current Club: FC Barcelona
Role: Central midfielder
Hair color: Dark Brown
Eye color: Brown
Height: 1.73 m
Who is Gavi?
Pablo Martin Páez Gavira, nicknamed Gavi, is a professional footballer who presently plays for FC Barcelona and the Spanish National Team.
Pablo Gavi is one of the few lucky players to have risen through the ranks of FC Barcelona, beginning his career in their Academy. His performance won him the promotions that propelled him to this point.
In 2020-2021, he made his first professional debut with Barcelona B.
Gavi spent two years with Barcelona B, and in the second year, he made occasional appearances for Barcelona’s main club while also playing for club B.
Pablo Gavi presently plays for FC Barcelona’s senior team, where he has made 66 appearances and scored two goals.
Gavi’s Net Worth
Gavi’s net worth is $5 million in 2023. He makes €6.8 million each season as a Barcelona player. His weekly earnings are €130,769.
The primary source of income for the Spanish central midfielder is his football contract. Only from football salaries from 2021-2023, his anticipated career earnings are €7.01 million.
Gavi Untold Story
Gavi was born on August 5, 2004 in Los Palaciosy Villafranca, Spain. He began his career with Real Betis Youngsters before moving on to Barcelona Youths in July 2015. On February 21, 2021, he made his debut for Barcelona B in a 6-0 home win over CE L’Hospitalet.
Gavi impressed after three appearances for Barcelona B and was called up to the senior team. On September 14, 2021, he made his Champions League debut in a 3-0 loss to Bayern Munich, coming on as a substitute for Sergio Busquets in the 59th minute. On August 29, 2021, he made his LA Liga debut against Getafe, winning 2-1.
He has represented Spain from the under-15 level, where he played four games and scored a goal after making his debut on December 3, 2018, under Julen Guerrero at the age of 14 years, 3 months, and 28 days.
He went on to make three appearances for the under-16s before joining the under-18s, managed by Pablo Amo when he was 17 years and 27 days old. Luis Enrique recognized his skill and added him to the senior team on October 6, 2021, at the age of 17 years, 2 months, and 1 day.
On October 6, 2021, he made his senior team debut against Italy in the UEFA Nations League Semi-Finals, which they won 2-1, playing 83 minutes before Sergi Roberto replaced him. He started in the finals against France, which they lost 2-1 to finish second in the competition.
Gavi Achievements and Awards
Gavi has achieved immense success and recognition in his career so far. Some of his major achievements and awards till 2023 are:
- Before joining Barcelona, he scored 96 goals for Real Betis.
- At the age of 17 years and 62 days, he was the youngest player to play for Spain’s national team.
- The fourth-youngest player to play for Barcelona in La Liga.
- In 2020-21, they finished second in the UEFA Nations League.
- 2022’s Golden Boy
- He has 17 senior appearances at the national level under his belt, and he has scored three goals in that time.
- In terms of national accolades, he has represented Spain at the Under-15, Under-16, and Under-18 levels.
- He is Barcelona’s fourth-youngest player in La Liga history.
Some of the Lesser-known Facts About Gavi
- Pablo Gavi grew up in a football-crazed family in Sevilla, Spain. His boyhood was spent in Seville’s Los Palacios y Villafranca district, which has a population of about 40,000 people. Fabian Ruiz and Jesus Navas are two interesting football children.
- Gavi became one of Spain’s most in-demand entertainers when he was only 11 years old. Villareal, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, and Real Madrid all came hunting for him. Gavi, on the other hand, decided to go to Barcelona instead.
- During the 2021-22 preseason, Koeman promoted Gavi to the first team. Gavi was one of several players promoted from Barcelona B to the senior team. He is, nevertheless, one of the few who has survived the passage of time.
- He is frequently compared to former Barcelona midfielders Xavi and Andrés Iniesta.
- He appeared twice for Barcelona B in the 2020-2021 season.
- His contract requires him to play at Camp Nou for Barcelona until 2023.
- Manager Luis Enrique called up Gavi to the senior Spanish national squad.