- Flying Eagles of Nigeria defeated Côte d’Ivoire
- The Flying Eagles of Nigeria qualifies for Africa Cup of Nations Under 20 tournament
- Nigeria Flying Eagles will take on Benin in the final
The Flying Eagles of Nigeria has booked their place in the CAF U20 AFCON billed for Egypt next year after defeating Côte d’Ivoire 2-1 in the semifinal of the WAFU B tournament in Niger.
Danie Daga scored the first goal for Nigeria as early as the 5th minute, but the Ivorians came back before the break through Seydou Troare.
The Flying Eagles of Nigeria had more of the possession but were poor in the final third.
Nigeria failed to bury numerous scoring opportunities, both team headed for the extra time just as the first semifinal between the 10-man Benin Republic and Burkina Faso.
- AWCON 2022: Super Falcons To Face Banyana Banyana in Group C Opener
- 2022 World Cup: Mexico to play Super Eagles in a friendly match
During the second half of the extra time, Gombe United’s forward, Ibrahim Yahaya converted a penalty that sealed the 2-1 win for the Flying Eagles of Nigeria.
Ladan Bosso’s team will now face Benin in the final of WAFU Zone B qualifiers on Friday inside Stade General Seyni Kountche, Niamey, while Cote d’Ivoire and Burkina Faso fight for the Bronze.