- Wayne Rooney in an interview claimed Ronaldo’s return has not benefitted Man United
- Wayne Rooney insists Ronaldo should be replaced by younger players
- The Portuguese legend replied to Rooney’s post on Instagram, calling him ‘jealous’
Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo has reacted at former team-mate, Wayne Rooney, after he suggested that the club should let him leave at the end of the season.
- 2022 World Cup: FIFA Planning to Extend Matches Up To 100 Minutes For World Cup
- Today’s Betting Tips
- Full group stage draw and fixtures for the 2022 World Cup
- Wayne Rooney Responds to Ronaldo’s ‘jealous’ accusation, admitting everyone but Messi envies Ronaldo
United legend Wayne Rooney was a guest on Sky Sports Monday Night football news, where he was asked for his opinion on if Cristiano Ronaldo’s return to Manchester United has worked out.
I think Ronaldo scored goals, he has scored important goals in the Champions League early on in the season, he scored the hat-trick against Tottenham, but I think if you’re looking to the future of the club, you have to go with younger, hungry players to do the best and lift Manchester United over these next two or three years.
Ronaldo, certainly isn’t the player he was when he was in his 20s, and that happens, that’s football. He’s a goal threat but the rest of the game they need more, they need young hungry players.Wayne Rooney
The Following day Wayne Rooney posted on Instagram showing his appreciation on having him as a guest on the Monday night football.
United forward then responded by saying: ‘Two Jealous.’
Ronaldo has scored 18 goals and contributed 3 assists in 33 appearances across all competitions for United this season.
Manchester United will be back in action on Saturday to take on relegation-threatened Everton away from home.
Am not happy about this at all