- Chelsea are set to hijack Man City’s deal for 24-year-old Marc Cucurella
- Personal terms currently being discussed between both parties
- Manchester City will not improve their offer for Marc Cucurella, so Chelsea are very confident of getting the deal done
- Brighton are asking for at least £50million
- Chelsea is also pushing to sign Leicester center-back Wesley Fofana
Chelsea is eyeing a last-minute swoop for Brighton defender Marc Cucurella, as per Fabrizio Romano.
The Spaniard’s move to Manchester City collapsed over the weekend due to Brighton price-tag of £50million, City are not willing to improve on their bid of £40million.
According to Italian transfer expert Fabrizio Romano, ‘direct talks’ are set to take place between the Chelsea and Brighton to negotiate fees and personal terms for the Marc Cucurella. Blues defender Levi Colwill could also be included in a swap deal.
An agreement on the transfer fee has not yet been reached despite the Cucurella submitting a transfer request.
The Blues manager Thomas Tuchel is in need of a defensive replacements for Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger.
Brighton have asked for at least £50million to sell their Player of the Season, who is tied down to a long-term contract.
Thomas Tuchel will also have to find replacement for a potential departures of Cesar Azpilicueta and Marcos Alonso.
According to Rudy Galetti, Chelsea is pushing to sign Leicester center-back Wesley Fofana, who has already agreed on personal terms with the Blues.
The Blues had their first bid rejected by the Foxes, and are now prepared to improve on their original proposal.
Leave a Reply